Mayo Clinic Arizona
Collaborative Research Building
13208 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85259
Basic sessions: Intro to the ENT O.R. (4 CME Credits)
Attendees will learn /relearn scrubbing, gowning and gloving, safety and timeout protocols, and ENT surgical instruments. Then on to proper positioning, draping and passing instruments for various ENT surgical procedures. Suturing practice. Four hours.
- Discuss and practice operating room protocol to include asepsis, scrubbing, gowning, gloving, and draping.
- Review names and usage, and practice with, instruments used in ENT.
- Explain Safety Protocol and Time Out Protocol
- Discuss and practice appropriate “Assist at Surgery” and suturing techniques for ENT procedures
Advanced sessions: Cadaver Lab (4 CME Credits)
Attendees will review surgical anatomy, then learn to assist in various head & neck procedures, ligation, place drains, elevate flaps, and close. Four hours.
- Discuss and practice surgical site injection.
- Discuss and review surgical anatomy on a human cadaver.
- Discuss and observe flap elevation techniques on human cadaver.
- Discuss and practice intra-operative surgical procedures such as ligation, wound closure and drain placement.
- Discuss and practice first-assist techniques on common ENT procedures such as parotidectomy, thyroidectomy, and neck dissection.
|ENT FOR THE PA-C ANNUAL CONFERENCE|
|Wednesday, April 25, 2018
|O.R. Skills Labs Schedule|
|(Schedule is subject to change. Second sessions may be added if needed.)|
|8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
||Introduction to the ENT O.R.
Asepsis, Gowning, Gloving, Draping, Scrubbing, Instruments review, Assisting in Surgery, Positioning, Time Out Protocol, Suturing.
|1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||
Advanced ENT O.R. -Cadaver Lab
Operating Room Equipment, Time Out Protocol, Surgical Site injection, Surgical Anatomy: Thyroidectomy, parotidectomy, neck dissection, Elevating Flaps, Intra-operative surgical considerations ( First Assist ) Thyroidectomy, parotidectomy, neck dissection, Ligation, Closure / Drains
This program is not yet approved for CME credit. Conference organizers plan to request 113 AAPA Category 1 CME credits from the Physician Assistant Review Panel with a maximum of 38 earnable by an individual. Total number of approved credits yet to be determined.