Congratulations to our 2022 Scholarship recipient, Andrew Park!
Mr. Park’s interest in the field of otolaryngology developed from his experiences while enlisted as a Medic in the United States Army. Following completion of his service, he would go on to excel in his PA studies and establish the first diversity club at The Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions. Mr. Park is currently completing his fellowship training at the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences in Phoenix, Arizona. Mr. Park’s hard work and dedication to the field of otolaryngology is well recognized by his peers and preceptors.
The SPAO-HNS organization congratulates you on your accomplishments and wishes you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SPAO-HNS STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
The Society of Physician Assistants in Otorhinolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery (SPAO-HNS) is looking to recognize motivated physician assistant students that have a sincere interest in a career in ENT. Interested students must be enrolled in either an accredited PA Program or post-graduate program. The number of scholarships and their monetary reward will depend on available funds and will vary from year to year.
The recipient of the scholarship will be announced following the society’s board meeting in June each year.
Any student with an interest in ENT is encouraged to apply. The deadline is May 1, 2023.
Interested students should contact:
Ryan Marovich, MPAS, PA-C
To qualify, the physician assistant student must:
1. Be enrolled in either an accredited PA Program or post-graduate program.
2. Demonstrate a financial need (copy of financial aid award letter).
3. Be in good academic standing (copy of unofficial transcripts).
4. Be a student member of SPAO in good standing.
5. Submit a letter from their PA program verifying student status, rotation selection and academic standing.
6. Submit a letter of recommendation from PA program faculty, instructor, or preceptor.
7. Prepare a short (500 word) narrative explaining their desire to practice in ENT and personal career goals.
The SPAO-HNS Scholarship Program will award at least one $500 scholarship per year, preferably to students in their didactic or clinical year.
Interested students should: Email necessary documents in PDF format to Ryan Marovich, MPAS, PA-C at Rmarovich@gmail.com. Please include SPAO-HNS Scholarship Application in the subject field.
View previous scholarship recipients click here.